Sunday, May 8, 2016

Sandcastle



One last post for today - here is my version of the 3D sandcastle from SVGCuts Wet N Wild kit.

I'm pretty much in love with anything beach related, so this is one of the first kits I think I ever purchased from SVGCuts.

I put this together last summer and added a few extra embellishments from my stash like the sand dollar ribbon going across the top. The paper is from the Citrus Stack by DCWV.


I also smeared some Distress Stickles (color is called Straw I think) onto the castle turrets to add a real sand texture and a little bit of sparkle. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but when it dried, I was in love with the effect!


I love that little crab with his wide eyes.  I think I might have to use him on a crabby birthday card for someone this summer!!  Or maybe holding a little flag for the Fourth of July.  So cute!

Thanks for stopping by. As always, I'd love to hear what you think.

2 comments:

  1. This looks great and must have been a blast to make! I share your "thing for paper" and recently purchased a kit for making paper birds. But it won't be nearly as challenging as this project which is truly monumental. Love the bling you added. My hat's off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so fabulous, Lee! I love it!! :D The Stickles that you smeared on and ended up liking do look so good!! Such cute patterned papers from DCWV and I love the color combination and embossing on the seashell and star fish! Such cute sand dollar ribbon and bling too! Thanks for sharing! :) ~Mary

    ReplyDelete