Tuesday, May 31, 2016

12 TAGS OF 2016: May edition

Wow, I really waited until the last minute to finish this one up. May has been a busy month!  
Tim's original tag can be found here, and this is my take on this month's technique remix.  


I saw a photo on Instagram the other day of some beautiful pink roses with the most lovely blue sky behind them and I was smitten!  That is where my color inspiration came from.

There was a small when I went to grab my texture paste and found it all dried up. OH NO!  I think I must have put the cap on crooked the last time I used it. Boo!

I was thinking about what I could use in place of texture paste and remembered thinking how clever Paula Cheney was in a recent blog post.  She applied collage medium through a stencil for just the right amount and to very cool effect.  I figured why the heck not, and did the same with some matte collage medium.  It turned out to be another layer of resist on the tag, but I was happy to have a solution of sorts and wanted to try Paula's technique anyway!  You can see where I added some numbers on the right side and the bubbles on the left and bottom.


Last but not least, I sure did have fun with the tiny tattered floral die this month.  I ordered it for myself early in May since for some reason I didn't already have it.  I proceeded to use it on two other projects before I even got around to putting them on this month's tag.


I had some tag backgrounds that I made previously and didn't love, so I used them to cut out some of the flowers.  I think they add a neat, colorful effect.  I did the same thing with the leaves.

You can see some of the other tiny tattered florals on my fairy cottage post.  And here's a picture of how I used them in yet another other project:


I think the tiny roses cut out in green look just like succulents when added to a miniature terracotta flower pot. I can tell I'll be putting this die set to very good use.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment