Monday, October 5, 2015

Pumpkin Party Box Card


Here's my quick version of the Pumpkin Party Box Card from the new Barn Party kit available from svgcuts.com.  I used a Viva Decor Perlen-Pen to make the eyeballs as I didn't have any pearl 'bling' small enough to fit in there. I was also lucky to have found the Tim Holtz Halloween trim at Michaels a few weeks ago, and used that as a decoration on the front fringe flap (say that three times fast!!).

Incidentally, if you like Tim Holtz holiday trims, I just found the new Christmas ones at Jo-Anns yesterday (10/4/15) along with a bunch of his new 2015 distress colors and other holiday goodies.  It was a good shopping day for me, but bad day for my wallet!

One other helpful tip: this is not the easiest card to get in the envelope (well, for me anyway) because the fringe wants to pop-up and snag on the envelope. I just laid a flat piece of cardstock over top of the card to aid my sliding it into the envelope, kind of like a shoe horn. Worked like a charm!  You could probably also put it in upside down (head first) but I like to see the pumpkins peeking at you when you open the envelope.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, it looks too cute, Lee! Love it!! The candy corn patterned paper is adorable on the pennant side flaps! <3 The white pen for the eyes looks perfect, and how cool that you already had the Tim Holtz Halloween trim! The Christmas goodies you picked up sound great too. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete