Thursday, August 11, 2016

Football Marquee Sign


I had so much fun building this football marquee sign from the SVG Cuts Game Day Marquee Signs kit

I used some pigskin paper that I found at Hobby Lobby for the football, and therefore did not use the extra football panels for embossing since this paper is already textured.  



Since this is for personal use only, I added a "Steelers" cutout to the top panel. One thing that I found out after the fact is that NFL footballs don't have the white stripes on the ends. Unfortunately they were already glued down when I was informed of this, so my project might look a little mismatched to die-hard football fans, but I'm good with it and so is the recipient. And now I know for next time! Am I the only one who didn't know this?

I had some of the smoke-colored, faceted Heidi Swapp bulb caps in my stash, so I used those as they blend in really nicely with the black background paper when the lights are off. 


             

And when the lights are on, they're a little bit of a softer light and I love the effect from the facets.



I have a feeling I'll be making several more of these for Christmas for the sports fans in the family!  I got this one done just in time for tomorrow night's first pre-season game for the Steelers. I hope it brings them luck.            

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: