Sunday, March 6, 2016

Going Green

My house is going green for the upcoming St. Paddy's Day holiday!  Here are a few projects I've put together so far:


Lucky the leprechaun is from the SVGCuts Lucky Day Bags and Boxes kit. I eliminated the bag and enlarged this to fit on an 8"x 10" burlap panel. Leprechauns are so protective of their gold, I gave this guy a gold glittered tooth so he doesn't have to worry about anybody stealing it when he's not looking.  No wonder he's so happy!

To go along with my laughing leprechaun, I also made the Beer Mug and Pot O'Gold favor from the SVGCuts  Feeling Lucky kit. From the smile on his face, I think Lucky has indulged in more than a few mugs of green beer!

  

Another hobby of mine is genealogy, and I've been working on researching the Irish roots of my husband's family. I think it would be cute to roll up a copy of the Irish side of the family tree like a scroll and send it to everybody tucked into one of these mugs. Now all I need is a few more hours in the day and I'll be all set!

Last but not least, here's a hat I made last year, but never got around to posting.  This is actually the top hat from the SVGCuts New Year's Eve kit, but I curled the heck out of the brim to make it look more like a silly leprechaun hat! The shape kind of reminds me of the Jiminy Cricket's top hat. 


I added a bunch of blingie things and flair to the front and a glittery clover on top from the Celtic Knots and Clover collection, also from SVGCuts.

     


These all look so cute on my bookshelves and really help liven things up for Spring!  I built the Gold Coin Inn last year, but am adding some embellishments to it this year, and it's not ready to be posted yet.  Hopefully I'll get to that in the next few days.  

And since St. Pat's and Easter are so close this year, I'll be putting out my Easter decorations too. More posts to come soon.

Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, they look great, Lee!! So festive! And so clever to do the Leprechaun Hat! Thanks for sharing! I pinned them all to our Saint Patrick's Day Pinterest Board! http://pin.it/Q2qrakl ~Mary

    ReplyDelete