Sunday, August 7, 2016

Creative Chemistry 103 - Day 1 - Ombre and Highlight Stamping

For some reason I felt like making some simple gift tags while playing with a few of the the Day 1 techniques for Creative Chemistry 103.

First up: Ombré


As mentioned in a previous post during Creative Chemistry 101, I only own three Distress Re-inkers - twisted citron, peacock feathers and mermaid lagoon. So, I created my DIY ombré inkpad using those three colors. I think the mermaid lagoon and peacock feathers look very similar when using this script stamp.  I think a more solid pattern would show off the ombré a little bit better.  Also, I think my twisted citron section could have been a little bit bigger, but if you look closely, you can see it at the top of the 'M' and in the top right star.

Ultimately, I'm happy with this DIY pad and have learned how to do it better when I think up some new combination I'd like to have. I think Fall colors would be a great one. 

Next up:  Highlight Stamping


I had a partial kraft tag leftover from my July 12 Tags project which ended in a craft fail when I didn't cut the word band segment big enough for the letter dies - oops! So, rather than waste the tag I chopped the bottom off and used the remainder to practice the highlight stamping technique. I used some mermaid lagoon, wilted violet, lucky clover and abandoned coral for this one with some abandoned coral and walnut stain around the edges.

I previously posted my Micro-Glaze Resist homework here and haven't attempted the other two Day 1 techniques yet. If I do, I'll post the results.

Thanks for stopping by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment