Monday, July 4, 2016

Creative Chemistry Homework - Week5 - Marbling & Colored Crackle



I used the same two techniques (Distress Paint Marbling & Colored Crackle) on both tags, but used different colors and had fun experimenting with the results.  

On the first one I used traditional ocean blues  (salty ocean, broken china, faded jeans and chipped sapphire) for the distress paint marbled background. I inked on some mermaid lagoon, wilted violet, and peacock feathers and added a little spritz too. I used the new Tropical thinlet set to cutout a few palm fronds and snipped off some leaves so it would look more like seaweed. I snipped a quote from Graphic 45's Voyage Under the Sea paper and added it to the top. 


The second tag might actually be my favorite of the two, because it's a little more outside the box for me.  I'm a big fan of Florida artist Leoma Lovegrove and her fierce use of color. In fact, I have this Leoma seahorse art on a cup that I use practically every day. This was the inspiration for my 2nd tag.  I still have a lot of work to do to get so carefree and liberal with color, but that's what this class is all about - experimentation! I added a little chit chat sticker which I inked with twisted citron to remind myself to just go for it. I think I used mustard seed, barn door, picked raspberry and dusty concord for the marbling and inked the edges with some more dusty concord.

I'd love to hear what you think...which one do you like best? 

No comments:

Post a Comment